Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Facebook thought police in action

As online spendthrifts know LimeWire was shut down this week by court order. As usual, when you poke a hornets' nest there are consequences. In response, on the way out the door, "somebody" released "LimeWire Pirate Edition," which is actually a better version than LimeWire Pro (faster and no advertisements.) I figured I would spread the news via facebook, but was unable to. Instead I received:


That bothered me, but when I received the same message while sending a PM my mood went from "that sucks" to "deeply troubled." Facebook is now censoring my thoughts!

As a technology company we support the free exchange of information. This is the opposite.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. A friend of mine wrote an obscenity on a wall post and was deleted within a couple hours. Are there people/software monitoring certain words or topics. Sounds too Familiar(Bush).

    ReplyDelete